Careers in STEM
Environmental consultants provide detailed technical assessments and advice for their clients. Your role would involve providing expert advisory and assessment services to your clients with the aim of minimising or eliminating environmental damage. You will usually be employed by a consultancy firm and work on a range of commercial or government contracts, addressing a variety of environmental issues. You may be responsible for ensuring that your client complies with environmental regulations.
You may work on a number of environmental issues or specialise in one area, such as:
- air, land and water contamination
- environmental impact assessment and flood risk
- waste management and recycling
- emissions and climate change
- renewable energy opportunities
- environmental management systems.